The ADK Hamburg Mk8 Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphone is a new and upgraded version of the popular Hamburg Edition with a More Fine-Tuned Response-Curve Designed to Replicate a Vintage Late 1950’s German Tube (Valve) Mic. The Hamburg Mk 8 is the Eighth Generation of ADK Microphones – offering a Mellow, Robust Tonality.
Standard Configuration: The Mic, Piano-Black Wooden Jewel Case, and Heavy-Duty All-Metal Ring-Mount.
The Hamburg Favors “Crooner” Vocals or Ballads, Classical, Folk, Jazz Singers; Reeds.
Applications: Very Useful for Vocals or Sources needing a Rounder Tone. For Strings, Reeds, Nasal or Thin Vocals, or Vocals with Sibilance Issues – the Hamburg Will Work Wonders! Hamburgs have “Smoothness”, Historically the Classic German Tone.
The Hamburg has a robust quality that tends to round-out the tone of the source. It’s great on vocals, reeds, or bass elements.
ADK Hamburg Mk8 Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphone Features
- 5 MICRON 1.07” diaphragm capsule
- High SPL handling (126dB Max SPL)
- Class A Electronics
- Fixed-Cardioid polar pattern
- 14dB Pad
- High-Pass Filter
ADK Hamburg Mk8 Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphone Specifications
- Type: Class A Pressure Gradient FET Condenser Microphone
- Polar Pattern: Fixed Cardioid
- Sensitivity: 15mv/Pa
- Impedance: 200Ohm
- S/N Ratio: 81dB (Ref: 1 Pa / A-Weighted)
- Equivalent Self-Noise: 15dB (A-Weighted / IEC 268-4)
- Max SPL @ 0.5% THD: 126dB / 140dB (0dB/-14dB Switchable PAD)
- Total Dynamic Range: 125 dB
- Low-Cut Filter (HPF): Flat / 89Hz
- Power Requirement: Phantom Power 48V ± 4V
FREQUENCY RESPONSE CURVES