Ever since trying my first ADK microphone back in 2010, I have been absolutely hooked! The Z-47 is an absolutely world-class handmade tube mic with a sound that is impeccable at a price that is untouchable!!!
ADK Z-47 is round and full-bodied and greatly tames raspy or sibilant sources. An homage to the classic U47 microphone, which has been used on countless albums over the last 65 years, the Z-47 characterizes the tone of the K-7 Capsule. In contrast, its brother Mic the Z-49 characterizes an M-7 Capsule. The Z-47 is known for its smooth top end and emphasis on chest tones. Our Golden Ears chose the Sowter transformer to pair with this capsule.
We lined Randy Travis in front of our four Vintage Flavors. He pointed to the Z-47 and said, “That’s a Man’s Microphone!”
ADK Z-Mod Custom Tube/Valve Microphone comes with everything to plug and play (except a pre-amp).
- Microphone Hand-Crafted in the USA Chassis and Electronics Assembly.
- Deluxe Heavy-Duty Custom Tweed Case.
- All-New Made in USA "Z-Power" Power Supply with Advanced Features.
- Heavy-Duty RYCOTE Suspension Mount.
- HAKAN Pop-Filter (w. Goose-neck and Clamp).
- 15′ USA-Made Accu-Sound Silver-Pro 7-Pin Tube Microphone XLR Cable.
- 15′ USA-Made Accu-Sound Silver-Pro 3-Pin Microphone XLR Cable.
- Spare Elastics for Shock Mount.
- Sampler-Kit of Three Low-Noise Valve/Tube for fine-tuning mic characteristics