ADK Z-49 exhibits a rich velvety midrange, and a tailored top-end. An homage to the classic M49 microphone, which has been used on countless albums over the last 65 years. The Z-49 is the most ribbon-like mic in the collection, and characterizes the tone of the M-7 (vs Z-47 with more of a K-7 tone). Our Golden-Ears chose the Lundahl transformer to pair with this capsule. Possibly the mellowest of all the Z-Mods, Ken Riley picked the Z-49 for John Forman of Switchfoot.
ADK Z-Mod Custom Tube/Valve Microphone comes with everything to plug and play (except a pre-amp).
- Elegant American-Made Tweed Flight Case.
- American Chrome and Powder-Coat Chassis.
- Hand-Crafted in USA Electronics Assembly.
- American Hardwood Velvet Lined Microphone Case.
- Heavy-Duty Ring-Shock Combination Suspension Mount.
- Heavy-Duty Low-Profile Ring Mount (Hard-Mount).
- Metal Pop-Filter (w. Goose-neck and Clamp)
- Switchable 115/230v Power Supply with 9 Polar Patterns.
- 16′ USA Made Accusound Silver-Pro 7-Pin Tube Microphone XLR Cable.
- 16′ USA Made Accusound Silver-Pro 3-Pin Microphone XLR Cable.
- Spare Elastics for Shock Mount.
- Extra Low-Noise Valve/Tube Sampler Pack for fine-tuning mic characteristics.